Saturday, October 14, 2006

My Wife

My wife does not listen to me. I can offer her some sound advice and it is ignored. Someone else, perhaps a coworker, will say the same thing and she will listen. Do all of us married men suffer through this? After a length of time do you woman think we are completely incompetent? Does it have something to do with your own self-image (he married me, he must be stupid)? It is getting worse too. Now I find myself in the "I-told-you-so" role. It is not where I want to be, but even when I say nothing my eyes still say "I told you so" and I know that pisses her off which makes me laugh a little and sigh a little and forces me to seriously consider any advice I might freely give a little.

3 comments:

Ms. Wilderness said...

Yeah -but- no- but- wait.

I know someone who does the exact same thing to me -- AND he is a man. Makes me CRAZY!

XOX

Troubles Braids said...

AND he, ANDhe, Andhe, hmmmmmm I'll let you Cap it off.

Ms. Wilderness said...

We totally know how to pick 'em :)